A foreigner in Egypt who was thought to be carrying the coronavirus has tested negative for it, Egyptian state TV said Wednesday, citing the Health Ministry.
This comes after Egypt confirmed its first case of the virus Friday and saying the affected person was a foreigner who had been put into isolation at hospital.
The Health Ministry said in a statement that it had immediately informed the World Health Organization and had taken all necessary preventative measures.
Egypt had previously said on Twitter that the person was carrying the virus, but had not shown any symptoms and was in a stable condition.
It did not give the nationality of the affected person or any other details.
China reported 121 new deaths on Friday, bringing the toll to 1,380. Another 5,090 new cases were confirmed, pushing up the number of infected patients to 63,851.
In Hubei province, the epicentre of the outbreak, daily new cases jumped by 4,823, while number of new deaths rose by 116.
Chinese President Xi Jinping said on Friday the ruling Communist Party must fix various problems, loopholes and weaknesses exposed during the outbreak, state television reported on Friday.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now